|69 Delafield Place - btw Davis and Bard Avenues - 1931|
They leave out that it is the Elliott house of Elliott houses. It was the actual home of Dr. Samuel MacKenzie Elliott himself. He built almost two dozen stone homes across the North Shore, including the present parsonage of Our Savior Lutheran Church and St. Mary's Episcopal Church.
View Larger Map
Today, though bereft of the ivy, the house remains pretty unchanged. The home to its right is still there though thoroughly obscured by the trees. To its left, however, only a few years back, a rundown but attractive enough old home was torn down and four unpleasant townhouses put in its place. Not only are they ugly, but they look seriously out of place across the street from Walker Park.