Thursday, July 09, 2009

Staten Island....or Lovecraft Country?


View Larger Map

Staten Island or Arkham? You decide. Is this a run down string of buildings on Sentinel Street or just York Avenue in New Brighton?



View Larger Map

Some unnamed street on French Hill in Lovecraft Country, USA or Thompson Street, Stapleton?



View Larger Map

Is that Captain Marsh's second wife hidden on the top floor or is this just a house in West New Brighton?


Can you tell I've been rereading a lot (a lot) of Lovecraft and associated stuff lately? I've even dug out Ramsey Campbell's "Cold Print". Obsessed as I am with aged and lost Staten Island, it's Lovecraft's similar obsession that's grabbing me most strongly this time around reading the stories. So this is my little tribute to a man born on the same date as me 76 years earlier.

No comments: